Thursday, April 25, 2013

Live Colorfully - strong and sweet

On Tuesday was a friend of the family going away party, so I figured then was the time to try out the sample of "Live colorfully," which is a new fragrance by Kate Spade. As I had mentioned before it was truly a small sample, so I wanted to wait for the appropriate occasion, since I am not much of perfume gal.


Well, on Tuesday I got an excuse to try it. I actually put it on in the morning just to see how long the smell would last. Let me start off by saying that this perfume has a very floral scent. If I had to compare it to anything, I would imagine it would be the smell that you associate with being on an island just FULL of tropical flowers. I didn't have to use very much to get the desired smell. During the evening there was a lot of laughter, drinking, dancing, things that one would normally do at a party and expect the perfume to wear off. However, I found that upon waking up in the morning my husband making a comment about how nice I smelled. And he was right! This perfume literally lasted all day and into the next. 

I don't know if I would personally purchase this perfume. I was not thrilled about how strong it smelled, and it gave me somewhat of a headache when I first put it on, but as time worn on, the headache went away. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the scent lasted that long. So if you're looking for length of wear this is totally something I'd recommend. And if you enjoy floral perfumes, this is doubly for you. I think that since this perfume is so strong, one would have no problem purchasing a small .34 fl oz bottle ($24) and making it last.