Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Walks and early morning packages.

Since my youngest goes to head start, I've taken to walking the dogs every single morning. Which is great! Its not every day that I get time to myself, and the dogs seem to love it. Only today, I took a route that I would usually skip over but decided to take it so that I could extend the walk. But on the way home, I stumbled upon a very tiny, newly hatched baby bird. It was alive, and struggling against the ants that were on it. I, for the life of me, could not leave it there. So it was quickly picked up, gently brushed off and I started searching for its nest somewhere near by. I was hoping I could just set it back it there, but either it was too high up, too cleverly hidden or it just wasn't there. (And before anyone thinks that I shouldn't have touched it because the mother would have rejected it - that is a common misconception.) So home with me it went. Unfortunately, I do not drive, it scares me so my husband would have to be the one to drive me down to our local wild rescue center, or our local wild bird sanctuary. But he had to be at work early today, and wouldn't be able to take me until the afternoon. So, off I went to try and find a heating pad and to fill up a glass jar with hot water. I started looking on one of the bird rescue sites about what I could do to make the bird more comfortable, if I should offer it some water from a syringe and what I could possibly feed it, if it got hungry. About two hours into my rescue mission and looking up, emailing, and calling all the places I could find the baby bird passed. I'm still upset about it. I am not one to walk away from wounded animals and more than once it has gotten me in over my head. I rescued baby bunnies when their mother was killed by either a dog or a cat, I've rescued cats, one of whom had to have his eye removed because the infection was so bad, I've even attempted to rescue a puppy. However, he was too far gone for us to do anything and it was just probably the most awful experience ever. At anyrate, that was my pretty horrible and distressing morning. 

But a good thing did, indeed come along with the mail this after noon. My trial of TIGI Bedhead stuff came! I got a whole bottle of "Straighten out" which apparently a hot iron cream, which can help your hair stay straight for up to 48 hours (even 98%) humidity! I don't know how much I'll be using that, as I own no straightening irons (my hair is almost pin straight anyway) but it says that it works well with blow dryers as well. So we'll see. It smells very clean though, smells a lot like grapefruit. 


The shampoo and conditioners came in little packets, I have enough for three uses of each. And about six uses if I don't use the whole packet (my hair is neither long nor thick). I got "Elasticate" which has protein and elastin in it and promises to make your hair strong and breakage resistant. 




The other is called "Recharge" and it boasts having antioxidents to give your hair high octane shine. 


For some reason the uploader is having problems uploding pictures from my computer. Blah. But at any rate I can't wait to give them a shot.